Friday, 30 May 2014

May Favourites



Hi Everyone! I know every blogger does these types of posts at the end of every month, so I figured I'd hop on the bandwagon and try one out myself. Don't think I'll be doing one of these every month, as I am a creature of habit and tend to repurchase the same products over and over again. Since I don't have anything exciting in my empties box this month, I figured I'd do this instead. I might alternate between empties and favourites posts from now on actually. Inner monologue over, let's get started on what I've enjoyed using this month! Hope you like my artsy pictures haha. 



Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

This is the newest addition to my beauty routine, I've only had it about a week so I was a bit unsure wether or not to include it in my favourites as it's a bit early to tell if it's recommendation worthy. However, I am quite impressed so far and since there's endless reviews of this online already, I thought I'd just give it a quick mention here. You get a huge 400ml bottle for around €7 which I think is excellent value. This is a multi-purpose product, I use it for quick cleansing in the mornings, removing fallout from eyeshadow, toning after using a cream-cleanser and as an eye-makeup remover just to name a few. I wouldn't say this is a necessary step in my skincare routine, but it makes life a lot easier for sure. Also extremely handy if you do make-up on other people. 



Benefit Go Tropi Coral Kit

I got this way back in January at the airport in Dublin for around €28 I think it was. I was out of my beloved Coralista blush, and this was insane value as it came with a sample size High Beam, Cha Cha Tint and the Coralista Lipgloss. These colours are ideal for spring and summer, although I wear them all year round. I've had great use out of all the products in the kit this month, what with having a bit of a heat wave and all. I haven't worn a lot of makeup really, but when I have, I've reached for ChaCha Tint and High Beam for the cheeks constantly. Also ChaCha Tint on the lips with a bit of the Coralista Gloss on top has been a firm lip-combo winner. 




Chloe See By Chloe Eau De Parfum

If you follow me on Instagram, you would've already seen me shamelessly show this baby off, I couldn't resist. After weeks of going in and testing this in my local department store and whining about my perfumes running a bit low (understatement, I literally had none left lol), mum surprised me with this about 2 weeks ago. Being a massive fan of Chloe scents already, I knew I would get on with this just fine. It doesn't have the best staying power for an EDP, but it's not an overly strong scent to begin with, so I can deal. I love the bottle too, apparently it's inspired by vintage bird cages. 

"The composition opens with fresh notes of bergamot, apple blossom and leads to floral heart of jasmine and ylang-ylang. Its base is soft vanilla - musky with additional sandalwood accords."

There for ya. 





Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Lotion

This has been my go to everyday body lotion this month, I'm already nearly out of it, wah! I got it purely because it smelled amazing. I'm always curious to try heavily perfumed lotions out, as I love them, but my skin doesn't. It's always a fun game of Russian roulette as to wether my eczema flares up or not. I'm happy to report this did not, and it's actually super moisturising. It takes a while to sink into the skin, but my skin stays as soft as a baby's bum until I wash it off. It says that it's scented with almond cream and hibiscus, but I got more of a coconutty whiff off it. Could just be me though. Definitely repurchase. 




Clinique Line-Smoothing Concealer

I purchased this ages ago for my kit, but after realising what an awful white cast it creates with flash photography, it was promptly thrown into the depths of my unused makeup drawer. As I mentioned already, we were having some amazing weather here in Finland there for a few weeks and I've been barely wearing makeup. This, however, has become my one-step product before leaving the house. I used to do my eyebrows if nothing else, but I've managed to grow them out to a respectable shape now, so a tiny slick of this on my dark under-eye circles and I'm good to go. The pink tone in this helps to disguise blue toned dark circles perfectly, it's very pigmented but light in consistency, so I only need a minuscule amount. I like that it sets and stays put without emphasising fine lines around the eyes and also works quite nicely as an eye primer. An unexpected favourite, overall. 




Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

My favourite setting powder for any time of year, but summer especially. I've mentioned this quite a few times on my blog here before, but I haven't fallen out of love with it at all. It sets makeup in place without mattifying the skin, it has a bit of coverage in it so it creates a soft-focus appearance to the skin, it's absolutely beautiful. The fact that it's not powder-like makes it perfect for setting makeup in warmer weather too. Love love love. 


What products have you been enjoying this month? 

Much Love xxx




1 comment:

  1. lovely post:)

    Please follow my blog, I'm one follower away from 80! x

    lucyabigailsmith.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx